ODD TALES OF ALL THING MORAN

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yakkety Yak

Whats the deal with this song? I know it was a hit when it came out in 1958, but how did it snake its way into three of my favorite movies? And how did I not notice until two days ago? Was it a popular song in the mid to late 80s?

This past Sunday I was sitting in my kitchen, enjoying some Bud Lights and mini-quiches, when I heard the song coming from the other room. It immediately made me think of the opening scene in The Great Outdoors, which then lead me to think about the airplane scene in Twins when Arnold is joyfully listening to rock and roll for the first time. So, naturally, I go to see which of these gems the girls were watching. I peeked in and noticed it was playing during the chicken scene in Stand By Me. How the hell have I never noticed this before? Am I alone here?

15 comments:

Tacky said...

I never noticed it in Stand By Me either. Then again, I haven't seen that movie in at least five years.

Beakey said...

You know another thing that people seemed to not notice in Stand By Me?

Richard Dreyfuss!

Moran said...

Really? Thats always stood out to me, even when I was younger.

Beakey said...

I've met so many people that never realized he was in it.

Anonymous said...

ambien cr free online ambien noise generator - ambien side effects paranoia

Anonymous said...

zolpidem no prescription what is zolpidem used to treat - teva usa zolpidem

Anonymous said...

generic xanax buy xanax online from canada - xanax withdrawal constipation

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax vs xanax xr - xanax side effects for dogs

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam what is diazepam 10 mg tablet - buy diazepam online eu

Anonymous said...

xanax online pharmacy generic pills for xanax - xanax overdose 2 mg

Anonymous said...

buy valium online effects prolonged use valium - 5 mg valium high

Anonymous said...

buy ativan lorazepam 1 mg compared xanax - ativan dosage per weight

Anonymous said...

where can i order xanax online xanax withdrawal symptoms how long does it last - xanax pills what is it

Anonymous said...

buy soma online carisoprodol drug class - soma scheduled drug nevada

Anonymous said...

buy soma 350mg carisoprodol y naproxeno - uses for carisoprodol 350 mg

Followers