ODD TALES OF ALL THING MORAN

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Awesome Moments in Awesome Video Games' Awesome History part 1: EARTHWORM JIM 2


Remember "Earthworm Jim"? I do, very fondly actually. I was a big fan back in the day. There were many things to love about the games. First off, you play as a talking worm with eyes. Second, you play as a talking worm with eyes stuck in a robotic muscle suit. Third, you play as a talking worm with eyes stuck in a robotic muscle suit that fights a talking crow in a robotic fat suit. Whats not to love?


One of my favorite moments of Earthworm Jim takes place in the second game, in a level called:

In the "Villi People" stage, you play as a talking worm with eyes stuck in a robotic muscle suit wearing a blind cave salamander suit. While in this suit you are floating through villi-filled intestines that make up the walls of your enemies summer home. Need I explain more? Yes. This summer home also has pinball bumpers to help you along, or hinder your progress if they happen to bounce you into the life sucking villi.

AND WATCH OUT FOR THE FLOATING SHEEP, THEY EXPLODE


And just when you think this level can't get any better, you get this:



Thats right, instead of a boss, Earthworm Jim in a Blind Cave Salamander suit stars in a game show. It doesn't get much better than that kids.

So there it is, part 1 of a series I intend to keep going for a long time. I might even do a full feature on EWJ 2 once I finish it.

6 comments:

CJ said...

nice geek blog =)

Anonymous said...

I'm just waiting for you to talk about Boogerman.

Anonymous said...

In due time my friend.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna grab the Genesis from my brother's house. Then we can get our Jam on.

Moran said...

Schrempf 4 Lyfe

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Followers