ODD TALES OF ALL THING MORAN

Monday, October 15, 2007

Long Weekend(transfered)

My first blog. Bored at work, but I don't feel like playing video games, so I'll try my hand at this.

I just had an unexpected long weekend. I had taken Friday off to go to a wedding and had no idea that it was Columbus Day weekend until about a week before, and continued to forget until the Thursday before. I decided to to kick the weekend off with some drinking, but hopefully not at a bar, as I have come to find them incredibly depressing over the years. So, I decide to go through my (shrinking)list of friends to find someone who would want to waste their Thursday night getting drunk with me. I remember that this guy usually has Fridays off and send the fiery piece of shit a text, but like most things in my life, it goes sour. He actually has to work the next day, but being the champ that he is, he eres on the side if who gives a fuck.

After a hard day of work(playing SNES and watching Clerks), I saunter over to the Neal residence. I stop by the store to pick up some cocktails and run into Beakey, who decides he wants to start a rumor that Jim is a rapist. While we both have a good laugh over this, in hindsight, it is probably a bad idea. Only time will tell. I get to the house and crack open a Coors while he shows me some cool and useless shit that Hooker left him during his sabbatical to the home of Mugsy Bogues and Grand Mama. It was mostly shit only the two of us would find amusing so I'll spare you the re-cap, but one worth mentioning was a two-inch tall figure of the McDonald's Moon Man. I don't why, but I get all giddy when I see that guy.

Afterwards we make our way the booze emporium to trade in some bottles and cans so he can fund his drinking for the night. Back to his place. We settle on the couch for some Simpsons, opting for "Homer at the Bat". Easily in my Top 5 Simpsons episodes. Between Wade Boggs and Barney arguing who the greatest P.M. of Britain and picturing Roger Clemens in a sound booth clucking into a microphone, the episode is pure gold. So after a few more episodes and a handful of sasparillas we call it a night. He's gotta be up in 5 hours and I've got a weekend of weddings and drinking to start. I head home, drink another cocktail, and pass out watching Sportscenter.

Back to the present. Work was unusally busy today, so I couldn't get to the whole weekend. I'm gonna break down the days into parts starting tomorrow. Unless, of course, this blog goes over like a fart in church, it will be the last.

No comments:

Followers