ODD TALES OF ALL THING MORAN

Friday, December 14, 2007

Hollywoods Greatest Miscastings


There's only one thing better than when film producers perfectly cast a movie, and that one thing is when they cast them horribly wrong.



This week I'm gonna dive into 'Predator 2'. Now, don't get me wrong here, I love the movie. I love everything about it. Great concept, decent effects for the time, and the fucking Predator. Whats not to love? The best part of it, though, is that it stars Danny Glover, Gary Busey, Bill Paxton, and Maria Conchita Alonso.

Seriously, your trying to tell me that an alien that comes to Earth to hunt humans(which are the equivilant of deer to him), is gonna be stopped by Danny Glover? I mean, Detective Roger Murtaugh can be a bad motherfucker at times, but we're talking about an alien that, after killing off a whole platoon of Army Rangers, gave Dutch a run for his money before re-modeling the rain forest with a two mile wide crater. A monster, that after tearing through a gang of voodoos, Bill Paxton, and Gary Busey, Danny Fucking Glover is the guy that takes him out? I love it.

I can just picture Joel Silver marching into the Fox offices with this pitch:

: Remember that movie that had an alien fucking up The Terminator, Apollo Creed, and Captain Freedom?













: I'm listening.



















: Well, lets move the setting to L.A. And instead of Arnold, we cast, get this..











: ?











: DANNY F'ING GLOVER








:We'll make millions. We start tomorrow.










Thats really how it happened.

5 comments:

Beakey said...

I have always, always, always, ALWAYS thought that was ridiculous how Arnold had a tough time defending himself against one single Predator, and Danny Glover can hold off a legion of them. But, then again, I wouldn't have taken Predator 2 any other way.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that the movie was set in thefuture. 1997 to be exact.

Moran said...

Thats a whole different post buddy.

Beakey said...

Pearse McGrath and I actually just missed out on one of those predictions of the future that go by without ever happening, like 1984 and 2001. We had a rap song about how in 2007, Quincy became a maximum security prison and we were both injected with a terminal virus which would remain in our bodies until we captured and returned the abducted Mayor James Sheets (another prediction gone wrong). If the plot line of this prediction sounds slightly familiar, let me know.

Anonymous said...

I just read that Swayze was suppose to star instead of Glover.

Followers